The Summit for Courageous Conversation brings together dedicated leaders for racial equity from across the nation to engage in a deepened conversation about systemic racism and its impact on opportunity and achievement for all students. The Summit provides a unique space for collaborative exploration of the knowledge and skills needed to eliminate racial educational disparities. 2015 Featured Speakers
This year’s event will feature inspiring speakers, distinguished national educators, and a host of equity practitioners from school districts, universities, and state departments of education who will share an inside view of their challenges and triumphs as they strive for racial equity in their organizations and classrooms.
In a wide variety of concurrent learning sessions, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Share models for student equity leadership
- Discuss the impact of race, language and politics on the schooling of Latino children
- Address the critical issues of racial disparity in special education
- Examine further the educational crisis for black males
- Explore innovative strategies for advancing equity through technology
- Discover ways to effectively engage families and communities of color
- Identify the special barriers confronted by Native/American Indian children in public, charter and Bureau (BIA) schools
- Inspire educators to lead for equity in classrooms, boardrooms and communities.
The Summit for Courageous Conversation is uniquely designed for educators, civic and community leaders and other professionals who are committed to elevating individual/organizational racial consciousness and eradicating the racial disparities predictably seen in academic achievement. We encourage you to join us for this opportunity to hear from some of the leading voices on racial equity in education, to share leadership strategies over great food, to be inspired by entertainment provided by talented area students, and to celebrate the efforts currently underway in schools around the country to raise achievement levels for all students.
Please visit the Summit website for all information, including hotel and travel.
- Pre Summit and Summit October 10-14 $895.00
- Pre Summit October 10-11 $395.00
- Summit October 12-14 $595.00
Register before July 15th and save with Early Registration
- Presenters Early Registration requires a code
- Pre Summit and Summit October 10-14 $795.00
- Summit October 12-14 $495.00
2015 National Summit for Courageous Conversation registration will not be confirmed until payment has been received. All payments are processed by Pacific Educational Group. Charges on credit cards will be listed under Pacific Educational Group.
If paying by check or purchase order, please make payable to:
Pacific Educational Group
In the memo line, please write: Summit 2015
*If you are paying for multiple registrants, please include a list of the participant names.
Mail payments to:
Pacific Educational Group
795 Folsom St, 1st Floor
San Francisco, CA 94107
If you have questions regarding online registration and billing, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.