Pacific Educational Group is pleased to announce the 2015 Regional Summits for Courageous Conversation! Engage with us in two days of equity learning, sharing, networking and support as we practice utilizing the Courageous Conversation Protocol to examine race in our personal, professional and organizational spaces. For more information, visit our Regional Summit website.
Click on the registration button for course descriptions and further information on the Regional Summit of your choice.
Please Note: "Beyond Diversity" is a prerequisite for all seminars at the Regional Summit.
Regional Summit registration is $455 per person. This includes enrollment in one 2-day seminar or two 1-day seminars; meals and materials. Groups of 5 or more from the same organization receive a $25/person discount. Register early as seating is limited!
Thursday-Friday June 25-26 | 8:00 am-4:00 pm
Featured seminars are all 2 day sessions which include:
- Beyond Diversity: An Introduction to Courageous Conversation & A Foundation for Deinstitutionalizing Racism and Eliminating Racial Achievement Disparities | Facilitator: Tonicia Abdur-Salaam
- Beyond Diversity II: Advancing the Courageous Conversation and Defining Courageous Leadership in Education | Co-Facilitators: Courtlandt Butts and Courtney Caldwell
- Trust Me…Gay is Not the New Black Brown or Red for that Matter: Exploring and Understanding Intersectionality and Cultural Layering as a Means for Engaging Our Most Powerful “Racial Equity Leadership” Self! | Facilitator: Lori Watson
- My Brothers' Keeper: A Courageous Transformation of the the Plight of Black Males as we Journey back to Love, Engagement and High Achievement | Co-Facilitators: Tony Hudson and Glenn Singleton
- Echoes of the Past, Voices of Today The American Indian Student Experience: A Courageous Indigenous Conversation About Making the Invisible Visible in Education | Facilitator: Ramona Kitto Stately
- SP/ELL: SpELLing Out Institutional Barriers to Equity and Excellence for Students with Disabilities and English Language Learners | Co-Facilitators: Deborah McKnight and Luis Versalles