This event is presented by University of Wisconsin - Madison in collaboration with University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. For more information, visit https://eop.education.wisc.edu/eop/professional-learning/conferences-institutes/ela.
This annual professional development opportunity supports state, regional, district leadership, building leadership, and grade level teacher teams to move from a deficit-based system to one that is based on proactive, Integrated, and Comprehensive Services (ICS)™. Participants will affirm their commitment to learning to lead for equity and social justice across rural, urban, and suburban districts. Teams will engage in a deep equity analysis of their school, district, region, or state and complete an action plan and next steps to increase achievement of all students regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, ability, language, income, and their intersections. Schools and districts who have completed the Institute in previous years and whom are deeply engaged in the work will help facilitate content and share their achievements and challenges. Participants will network and collaborate, and in so doing, develop an on-going community of support and accountability beyond the event.
Who Should Attend
- State Teams
- Regional Teams
- District Leadership Teams (directors of special education/curriculum instruction, superintendents, business manager/HR, and possible principals from Building Leadership Teams)
- Building Leadership Teams (principal, assistant principal, representatives from Grade Level Teams including special education teachers, general education teachers, ELL/bilingual teachers, school psychologists, interventionists, reading specialists, etc.)
- Grade Level Teacher Teams - (as long as the Grade Level Teams are attending with the Building Leadership Teams. Grade level teams include special education, general education, ELL/bilingual teachers, interventionists, reading specialists, etc.)
Why Should You Attend?
State, regional, district, building, and grade level teacher teams will develop/revise improvement plans that:
- Use data to raise student achievement and eliminate inequities (lead beyond RtI)
- Transform service delivery for all students (e.g., special education, ELL, Title I, gifted)
- Create universally designed instruction
- Develop teacher and organizational capacity
- Merge funding and reallocate resources
Wisconsin Institute for Discovery Building
330 N. Orchard St.
Madison, WI 53715
Registration cost includes all materials and refreshments throughout the week.
Names of participants are not required to register a group. Secure your spots now and submit names of attendees later.
University credit for the 5 Day Institute (3 credits) and the 2 Day Academy (1 credit) is available to interested participants. Additional information will be sent out after registration is complete.
Online registration requires the use of a credit card for payment. Please contact Matthew Freid at (716) 553-2654 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any registration questions.