The Equity Leaders Institute (ELI) is a unique learning opportunity for educators and community leaders committed to advancing education equity in their local settings. ELI participants engage in shared learning experiences specifically designed to facilitate in-depth discussion, examination and planning. View the flyer>>
Join fellow equity-minded educators in a dynamic two-day professional learning opportunity designed to advance participants' capacity to promote educational equity. This year's institute will focus on leadership practices for ensuring equitable recruitment, distribution and retention of diverse and effective educators. APPLY NOW
The fall institute focuses on critically reflecting on processes and systems to ensure all students have culturally responsive, equity-minded, and effective administrators, teachers, and staff. Participants will:
- Expand their understanding of educator effectiveness beyond traditional definitions and models;
- Examine the importance of developing collaborative partnerships across school communities to leverage resources and ensure the recruitment, distribution, and retention of effective educators;
- Discuss how systems and processes can promote and constrain efforts toward equitable distribution of effective educators; and
- Engage in initial planning efforts toward ensuring all students receive highly-effective educators.
Who Should Attend
Educators, Technical Assistant Providers, Community Members, and Equity Scholars
- Possess an awareness of the importance of recruitment, distribution, and retention of diverse and effective educators.
- Have a basic understanding of how educators contribute to achievement-opportunity gaps.
- Be ready to engage in in-depth exploration of practices necessary for advancing equitable distribution of effective educators.
- Be currently supporting or working toward equity and social justice within their local and community settings.
Once applications are reviewed, applicants will be notified of their status. Registration information and detailed Institute information will be provided to accepted applicants.