Beyond Diversity is a powerful, personally transforming two-day seminar designed to help teachers, students, parents, and administrators understand the impact of race on student learning and investigate the role that racism plays in institutionalizing academic achievement disparities. This seminar specifically address WI State Performance Plan (SPP), Indicators 4B, 9 & 10.
Background and Context
Nearly two decades ago, Beyond Diversity was introduced to offer educators a
foundation for examining the impact of race on student achievement. Today,
thousands of seminar participants utilize the Agreements, Conditions, and
Compass to explore racial issues in their lives and in their schools.
- Participants will be able to have courageous conversations and engage in sustained interracial dialogue about race.
- Participants will reflect on race and racism and discover how each, through school policies, programs, and practices, negatively impacts low-performing student populations.
- Participants will develop the knowledge and skills for engaging, sustaining and deepening courageous conversation about the impact of race and racism on student achievement.
A diverse audience is preferred for these trainings and will add to the richness of the discussions. Recommended attendees include:
● district administrators ● principals ● community members ● teachers
● school staff ● parents ● faith-based personnel ● business professionals
There are no fees for this event, but pre-registration is required. Participants are expected to attend both days of this two-day event.
Registered participants will receive complimentary copies of Courageous Conversations About Race and More Courageous Conversations About Race.