The Early Childhood Tribal Workgroup will assemble at the Lake of the Torches Resort Casino in Lac du Flambeau, WI to recognize the growing list of collaborating partners and to get feedback from local community stakeholders. This will be another full day of discussions and group exercises designed to enhance your communities’ "90-Day Work Plan."
Knowing that service systems often operate in silos that may often result in duplicated services, conflicting messages, gaps in services and an otherwise confusing mess families struggle to navigate through. This fragmentation often impedes the ability to leverage valuable resources and expertise across systems to effectively support families. Building systems that work for all families require establishing intentional, meaningful and strong cross-sector collaborations that allow us to share our disparate resources in a way that has a positive impact on families. We encourage you to invite other members from your community to build a more vibrant discussion and generate positive outcomes.
Sponsored through a collaboration of funds and support from:
- The Disproportionality Technical Assistance Network ("The Network") CESA 8
- Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Council (GLITC) Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge Grant Tribal Nation Project
- The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction - WECCP Northern Region Collaboration Coach
- Develop effective strategies for your organization and community
- Become an agent of change for your families and community
- Tailor the 90-Day strategies to your community’s needs
Who Should Attend
- All Early Childhood Professionals that provide services to American Indian children, their families, and their communities:
- Head Start Directors
- Early Head Start and Head Start Teachers
- Tribal Education Directors
- Early Childhood Child Care Program Professionals
- Home Visiting and Family Support Professionals
- 4K Teachers
- All recipients of the Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Council (GLITC) Early Childhood mini-grants
- Tribal Council Leaders and Council Members
Lake of the Torches Resort Casino
Hwy 47 / 510 Old Abe Rd
Lac du Flambeau, WI 54538
A block of rooms has been reserved at a special rate at the Lake of the Torches Resort Casino in Lac du Flambeau, WI. To receive this special rate, please reference “The Network” when making reservations. The deadline to receive this special rate is October 26, 2016.
LIMITED FUNDING WILL BE AVAILABLE TO TRIBAL PROVIDERS FOR LODGING & MILEAGE. Please contact Pamela Torres directly at (715) 388-0129 or ptorres@TheNetworkWI.com for more information.
Registration, Fees, and Schedule
There are no fees to associated with this training, but pre-registration is required.
- 8:00 am – 8:30 am Registration (Breakfast Provided)
- 8:30 am – 3:00 pm Presentation (Lunch Provided)
Contact Pamela Torres at (715) 388-0129 or firstname.lastname@example.org