Introduction to Courageous Conversation and a foundation for de-institutionalizing racism and eliminating the racial achievement gap
About the Seminar
The Beyond Diversity seminar, updated and aligned with Courageous Conversations About Race, 2nd Edition, is designed to help teachers, students, parents, and administrators understand the impact of race on student learning and investigate the role that racism plays in institutionalizing academic achievement disparities. Enrollment is an indication that you are poised for inquiry into your own personal investment in racism and desire greater accountability surrounding your professional leadership for racial equity. Participants will be introduced to the CCAR Protocol: the 4 Agreements, 6 Conditions and the Compass and explore the use of the Protocol when engaging in courageous conversations centered around race and racism.
You will engage in a thoughtful, compassionate exploration of race and racism and grapple with how each influences the culture and climate of our schools; and practice using the CCAR Protocol for identifying and addressing policies, programs, and practices that negatively impact achievement for students of color and serve as barriers for ALL students receiving a world-class education.
- Engage in courageous conversations and sustained interracial dialogue about race
- Reflect on race and racism and discover how each, through school policies, programs, and practices negatively impacts low-performing student populations
- Develop the knowledge and skills for engaging, sustaining and deepening courageous conversations about the impact of race and racism on student achievement
LaSure's Banquet Hall
3125 S Washburn St.
Oshkosh, WI 54904
Ph: (920) 651-0796
There are no fees associated with this training. This is a two-day event. Participants are expected to attend both days.
- 7:30 am - 8:00 am | Registration
- 8:00 am - 3:30 pm | Seminar
All participants will receive complimentary copies of Courageous Conversations About Race and More Courageous Conversations About Race.
This Seminar specifically address WI State Performance Plan (SPP), Indicators 4B, 9 & 10.
Standards Being Addressed:
Charlotte Danielson's Framework
- Domain 1 1a, 1b
- Domain 2 2a, 2b, 2d
- Domain 3 3a, 3c
- Domain 4 4c, 4d, 4f
InTasc Teaching Standards
- #1, 2, 3, 5, 7 and 9
Stronge Standards and Indicators
- 1.3. 1.9, 1.10, 4.7, 5.2. 5.3, 5.4, 5.7