About the Event
Leading for Equity is a residential institute for diverse teams working on equity efforts in their respective contexts. Teams receive expert, caring guidance and facilitation to collaboratively address the relational and technical challenges they face. Participants develop their capacity to foster positive change on behalf of historically under served populations. This experiential institute provides ample opportunities for sharing, reflection, and planning to inform your current work. Leading for Equity develops individual and collective leadership within teams in educational institutions, nonprofit organizations, and human services agencies. Teams deepen their commitment, relationships, and efficacy while developing strategies toward equity goals.
- The history and effects of racism and bias in institutional policies and practices
- Individual and organizational dynamics that impede the success of change efforts
- The importance of emotional intelligence and trust in leading equity efforts
- Concrete skills for leading change in challenging contexts toward your equity goals
- Improved collaborative relationships
- New alliances across difference
- Research-based protocols, tools, & other resources for equity-focused leadership and team development
Who Should Attend
- School and district teams working on equity or “achievement gap” initiatives
- Equity initiatives involving cross-sector partnerships
- Teams from philanthropic foundations working to improve racial equity
Resources & Readings
Fees & Registration
Registration fee is $1,200/participant; teams must include 2 or more participants. Registration fee includes room and board at the retreat center, as well as a resource book of tools and frameworks. Click here to register online today.
Please contact Kathleen Osta, Regional Director, Midwest Region at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510.484.4021.