Jodi Pfarr Returns!
Jodi Pfarr, a National Facilitator for Bridges Out of Poverty (BOP) returns on May 10, 2016. She'll be leading a full day of discussions and group exercises designed to help in the process of your "90-Day Community Work Plan." It'll be a session full of insightful and interactive learning; you'll leave with a deeper understanding of poverty and its solutions. Jodi helps participants verbalize their passions, skills and sense of urgency to help create a strategic plan to achieve that future goal.
This initiative will serve as a model for tribal early childhood programs to work in a cohesive and aligned way to support young children and their families and break down program silos.
- Develop effective poverty reduction strategies for your organization and community
- Network with and learn from others passionate about ending poverty
- Become an agent of change for your organization or community
- Tailor the 90-Day strategies to your organization’s needs
Who Should Attend
Early Childhood Tribal Service Professionals in each tribal community who provide services to their community’s children and families. We encourage you to invite other members of your local collaborating team. This will allow for a more vibrant discussion about how changes could create positive outcomes in your communities.
LIMITED FUNDING WILL BE AVAILABLE TO TRIBAL PROVIDERS FOR LODGING & MILEAGE. For more information, contact Pamela Torres, Culturally Responsive Early Childhood Project at (715) 614‐1399 or ptorres@TheNetworkWI.com.
Location and Lodging
Lake of the Torches Resort
510 Old Abe Rd
Lac du Flambeau, WI 54538
A block of rooms has been reserved at a special rate at the Lake of the Torches Resort.
To receive this special rate, please reference “Tribal Workgroup” when making reservations. The deadline to receive this special rate is April 27, 2016.
This Tribal Workgroup is brought to you through a collaboration of funds and support from:
- The Disproportionality Technical Assistance Network ("The Network") CESA 8
- Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Council (GLITC) Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge Grant Tribal Nation Project
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction - WECCP Northern Region Collaboration Coach
Registration and Schedule
There are no fees to participate in this Tribal Workgroup, but
pre-registration is required.
7:30 am - 8:15 am Registration (breakfast provided)
8:15 am - 8:30 am Opening/Welcome
8:30 am - 3:00 pm Presentation (lunch provided)
Pamela Torres, Early Childhood Tribal Project Coordinator
Disproportionality Technical Assistance Network
Ph: (715) 614-1399 | ptorres@TheNetworkWI.com