The Summit for Courageous Conversation brings together dedicated leaders for racial equity from across the nation to engage in a deepened conversation about systemic racism and its impact on opportunity and achievement for all students. The Summit provides a unique space for collaborative exploration of the knowledge and skills needed to eliminate racial educational disparities.
This year’s event will feature inspiring speakers, distinguished national educators, and a host of equity practitioners from school districts, universities, and state departments of education who will share an inside view of their challenges and triumphs as they strive for racial equity in their organizations and classrooms. Visit the Summit website for more information >>
In a wide variety of concurrent learning sessions, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Share models for student equity leadership
- Discuss the impact of race, language and politics on the schooling of Latino children
- Address the critical issues of racial disparity in special education
- Examine further the educational crisis for black males
- Explore innovative strategies for advancing equity through technology
- Discover ways to effectively engage families and communities of color
- Identify the special barriers confronted by Native/American Indian children in public, charter and Bureau (BIA) schools
- Inspire educators to lead for equity in classrooms, boardrooms and communities.
The Summit for Courageous Conversation is uniquely designed for educators, civic and community leaders and other professionals who are committed to elevating individual/organizational racial consciousness and eradicating the racial disparities predictably seen in academic achievement. We encourage you to join us for this opportunity to hear from some of the leading voices on racial equity in education, to share leadership strategies over great food, to be inspired by entertainment provided by talented area students, and to celebrate the efforts currently underway in schools around the country to raise achievement levels for all students.
Hyatt Regency Hotel
208 Barton Springs
Austin, TX 78704
Ph: (512) 477-1234