The purpose of this workshop is to bring awareness to what school districts and tribal language departments are doing by giving participating educators an opportunity to share and exchange information and ideas about their programming.
- Share ideas around language activities, such as curriculum, lesson plans, etc.
- Analyze and discuss how to track learners' progress and comprehension (assessment) in a way that informs learners and mentors how the language course is going.
- Have opportunities to share and learn from each other in networking sessions and small groups.
- Look at best practices and ways to create language materials and resources.
- Become more familiar with a variety of teaching and learning methods.
- Culture Language Teachers
- Tribal Education Department Staff
- Tribal Language Division Staff
- World Language teachers that teach Native American Languages
- Paula Fernandez - Project Coordinator, Network for Native American Student Achievement (NNASA)
- David O'Connor - Co-Leader, Disproportionality Technical Assistance Network; American Indian Studies Consultant, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
There are no fees associated with this workshop,
but pre-registration is required.
- 8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration (Continental Breakfast Provided)
- 9:00 am - 11:30 am Morning Workshop
- 11:30 am - 12:30 pm Lunch (Provided)
- 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm Afternoon Workshop
Paula Fernandez, Project Coordinator
Ph: (715) 851-3396 or pfernandez@TheNetworkWI.com
Judy Ross, Program Assistant
Ph: (715) 682-2363, ext. 118 or jross@TheNetworkWI.com