This event will be co-hosted with the Ho-Chunk Nation and The Disproportionality Technical Assistance Network or "The Network" with a feature presentation by the Hoocak Waaziija Haci Language Division.
The purpose of this workshop is to bring awareness to what school districts and tribal language departments or divisions are doing by giving participants an opportunity to share and exchange information and ideas about their programming and the work they are engage in in their communities.
- Share ideas around language activities, such as curriculum, lesson plans, etc.
- Analyze and discuss how to track learners' progress and comprehension (assessment) in a way that informs learners and mentors how the language course is going.
- Have opportunities to share and learn from each other in networking sessions and small groups.
- Look at best practices and ways to create language materials and resources.
- Become more familiar with a variety of teaching and learning methods.
- Visit Ho-Chunk language learning sites to learn about language implementation within their programs.
- Learn from Ho-Chunk language division about their new initiative implementation for 2017-18.
- Culture Language Teachers
- Tribal Education Department Staff
- Tribal Language Division Staff
- World Language Teachers that Teach Native American Languages
- School Districts with an Interest in Promoting Native American Language
Teaching and Learning
Project Coordinator, Network for Native American Student Achievement
Disproportionality Technical Assistance Network
Hoocak Waaziija Haci Language Division
N4845 Hwy. 58
Mauston, WI 53948
Ph: (608) 847-5694
1001 State Road 82
Ph: (608) 847-5959
The Disproportionality Technical Assistance Network ("The Network") grant will cover one night of lodging for individuals traveling 90 miles or more. Double occupancy is encouraged for those coming from the same agency, tribe, or district.
Please contact Judy Ross at (715) 682-2363, ext. 118, jross@TheNetworkWI.com if you have any questions.
Registration, Fees, and Schedule
There are no fees associated with this workshop,
but pre-registration is required.
- 8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration (Continental Breakfast Provided)
- 9:00 am - 11:30 am Morning Workshop
- 11:30 am - 12:30 pm Lunch (Provided)
- 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm Afternoon Workshop
Paula Fernandez - Project Coordinator, Network for Native American Student Achievement
Ph: (715) 851-3396 or pfernandez@TheNetworkWI.com
Judy Ross - Program Assistant, Network for Native American Student Achievement
Ph: (715) 682-2363, ext. 118 or jross@TheNetworkWI.com