Advancing the Courageous Conversation
and Defining Courageous
Nearly two decades ago, Beyond Diversity was introduced to offer educators a foundation for examining the impact of race on student achievement. Today thousands of seminar participants utilize the Agreements, Conditions, and Compass to explore racial issues in their lives and in their schools. Printable Flyer >>
Now, Beyond Diversity II is offered to:
- deepen our understanding and personal progression in racial identity development;
- examine and practice a protocol for converting Courageous Conversation into Courageous Leadership using contemporary challenges in education; and
- explore the concept of racial transcendence and the characteristics of a post-racial school and society.
Beyond Diversity II is an advanced seminar. Participants must have completed the Beyond Diversity I seminar and be actively engaged in equity work in their district, school, and/or classroom.
This intensive, two-day seminar is designed to challenge participants who have successfully completed Beyond Diversity I (BDI). BDII participants must be grounded and practiced in utilizing the Agreements, Conditions, and Compass. Enrollment is indication that you are poised for more rigorous inquiry into your own personal investment in racism and desire greater accountability surrounding your professional leadership for racial equity.
Is this seminar for you? Please review the Personal Readiness document prior to enrolling.
Equity Transformation Specialist
Courageous Conversation™ & Pacific Educational Group
- have courageous conversations and engage in sustained interracial dialogue about race.
- reflect on race and racism and discover how each, through school policies, programs, and practices, negatively impacts low-performing student populations.
- develop the knowledge and skills for engaging, sustaining and deepening courageous conversation about the impact of race and racism on student achievement.
Training Site and Lodging Location
A block of rooms has been reserved at Holiday Inn Stevens Point – Convention Center at the state rate until April 2, 2018. Reference The Network/CESA 11 room block when making reservations or book online.
These networking meetings specifically address WI State Performance Plan (SPP), Indicators 4B, 9 & 10
Charlotte Danielson's Framework:
- Domain 1 1a, 1b
- Domain 2 2a, 2b, 2d
- Domain 3 3a, 3c
- Domain 4 4c, 4d, 4f
InTasc Teaching Standards
#1, 2, 3, 5, 7 and 9
Fees, Schedule, and Registration
There are no fees associated with this training,
but pre-registration is REQUIRED.
Completion of Beyond Diversity I is a prerequisite for this training. Please review the Personal Readiness document prior to registering to determine if this seminar is for you.
This is a two-day event. Participants are expected to attend both days.
- 7:30 am - 8:00 am Registration and Breakfast (Provided)
- 8:00 am - 11:00 pm Morning Seminar
- 11:00 am - 12:00 pm Lunch (Provided)
- 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm Afternoon Seminar
Contact Melissa Moe at Ph: (715) 986-2020, ext. 2127 or mmoe@TheNetworkWI.com.