This early childhood tribal networking event will provide opportunities for facilitators, presenters, and participants to share information, resources, best practices, and model programs.
As part of this workgroup, participants will:
- participate in future planning to promote awareness of early childhood care and education for children and families in our communities
- develop cross sector early childhood collaborations within each tribal community
- promote broader collaborative work among all of the tribal communities and between the tribal communities and the state departments
As an expansion of the Early Childhood Tribal Workgroup meetings, participants and others will:
- hear motivational stories about early childhood collaborations within/between communities
- be provided with resources from state agencies and associations
- gain insights about community organizing
This Early Childhood Tribal Workgroup in sponsored through a collaboration of funds and support from:
- The Disproportionality Technical Assistance Network ("The Network") CESA 8
- Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Council (GLITC) Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge Grant Tribal Nation Project
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction - WECCP Northern Region Collaboration Coach
Early childhood administrators, professionals, teachers, program directors, and other leaders providing services to American Indian children, their families, and their communities from the following programs:
- Child Care
- Head Start and Early Head Start
- Health Care
- Home Visiting and Family Support
- Parents and Parent Groups
- Social Services
- Public, Private, Charter, and BIE Schools/Special Education
- Recipients of Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Council (GLITC) Early Childhood/Race to the Top (RTTT) Mini-Grants
- Tribal Education
- Tribal Council Leaders and Members
President, J. Pfarr Consulting
The Pointe Hotel & Suites
8269 U.S. Highway 51 S
Minocqua, WI 54548
Ph: (715) 356-4431
A block of rooms has been reserved at a special rate at The Pointe Hotel & Suites in Minocqua. To receive this special rate, please reference “The Network” when making reservations.
LIMITED FUNDING MAY BE AVAILABLE TO TRIBAL WORKGROUP TEAM PROVIDERS FOR LODGING & MILEAGE. Please contact Pamela Torres directly at (715) 388-0129 or ptorres@TheNetworkWI.com for more information.
Schedule, Fees, and Registration
There are no fees associated with attending this training, but pre-registration is REQUIRED.
- 8:00 am – 8:30 am
Registration and Continental Breakfast (provided)
- 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
Morning Workshop: Motivational Partnership Stories and Resource Sharing
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
- 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Afternoon Workshop: Topical Presentations and Future Planning
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!! The next Early Childhood Tribal Workshop is tentatively scheduled for August 2017. Check our website for more information as it becomes available.
***STAY FOR WIEA!!***
Participation in the Wisconsin Indian Education Association (WIEA) Conference in Minocqua is strongly encouraged following the Early Childhood Tribal Workgroup on May 12-13, 2017.