Institute and Academy Overview
This annual professional development opportunity supports state, regional, district leadership, building leadership, and grade level teacher teams to move from a deficit-based to proactive system based on Integrated Comprehensive Systems for Equity. Participants will affirm their commitment to eliminate inequities across rural, urban, and suburban districts. Teams will engage in a deep ICS Equity Audit analysis of their school, district, region, or state and complete an Equity Action Plan based on the ICS Four Cornerstones for integrated, high achieving schools.
Schools and districts who have completed the Institute in previous years and whom are deeply engaged in the work will help facilitate content and share their achievements and challenges. Participants will network and collaborate, and in so doing, develop an on-going community of support and accountability beyond the event.
- Presented by the University of Wisconsin - Madison
- In collaboration with the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee.
2-Day Academy for Returning Teams!
June 22-23, 2017 | Madison, WI
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
At the 2-day Academy, teams who have completed a previous ICS Equity Institute will:
- analyze the ICS Equity implementation process and up-dated equity audit data in your school/district to date, problem solve around challenges, and leave with updated concrete next steps and long range plans;
- engage with further content on co-planning to co-serve and instructional practices, and proactively educating students with behavioral challenges, significant intellectual disabilities, students who are linguistically diverse and advanced learners.
2017 New 3-Day Institute for New Teams!
July 24-26, 2017 | Madison, WI
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
At the 3-day Institute, new teams will:
- strengthen their understanding and implementation of the framework and process of Integrated Comprehensive Systems for Equity;
- engage in a deep equity analysis of their school, district, region, or state;
- complete an action plan and next steps to increase achievement of all students regardless of race, ethnicity, social class, gender, language, religion, sexual/gender identity and their intersections.
For more information on UW-Madison Credit, pricing, location, facilitators and other event information, please visit the Academy and Institute website.