This early childhood tribal networking event will provide opportunities for facilitators, presenters, and participants to share information, resources, best practices, and model programs.
As part of this workgroup, participants will:
- participate in future planning to promote awareness of early childhood care and education for children and families in our communities
- develop cross sector early childhood collaborations within each tribal community
- promote broader collaborative work among all of the tribal communities and between the tribal communities and the state departments
Location & Lodging
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center
2040 Airport Drive
Green Bay, WI 54313
Ph: (920) 494-7300
A block of rooms is available until August 8, 2017 at the rates of $82/single and $92/double .
Reservations are the responsibility of each individual attendee. Please reference
“EC Tribal Workgroup” when making reservations to receive these special rates.
Reimbursement is available for lodging, mileage, and per diem through the Tribal Workgroup. Forms will be available at the meeting.
Early childhood administrators, professionals, teachers, program directors, and other leaders providing services to American Indian children, their families, and their communities from the following programs:
- Child Care
- Head Start, Preschool, and Early Head Start
- Health Care
- Home Visiting and Family Support
- Parents and Parent Groups
- Public, Private, Charter, and BIE Schools
- Recipients of Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Council (GLITC) Early Childhood/Race to the Top (RTTT) Mini-Grants
- Social Services
- Tribal Education Directors and Staff
- Tribal Council Leaders and Members
The Tribal Workgroup is brought to you through a collaboration of funds and support from:
- The Disproportionality Technical Assistance Network ("The Network") CESA 8
- Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Council (GLITC) Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge Grant Tribal Nation Project
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction - WECCP Northern Region Collaboration Coach
Registration and Schedule
There are no fees to associated with this training, but pre-registration is required.
Schedule Overview (Click HERE for a detailed agenda)
- 7:30 am - 8:30 am
Registration and Breakfast (provided)
- 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Morning Workshop: The Planning Process and Community Engagement Workgroup
- 12:00 pm - 12:45 pm
- 12:45 pm - 2:00 pm
Afternoon Workshop: Resource Sharing and Wrap-Up
Mark Your Calendars!!
Future Dates to Save:
- November 7, 2017 (Stockbridge-Munsee Community)
- February 2018 (TBD)
- May 2018 (TBD)
Contact Pamela Torres at (715) 388-0129 or firstname.lastname@example.org