This early childhood tribal networking event will provide opportunities for facilitators, presenters, and participants to share information, resources, best practices, and model programs.
As part of this workgroup, participants will:
- participate in future planning to promote awareness of early childhood care and education for children and families within our tribal nations and communities
- develop cross sector early childhood collaborations within each tribal nation and community
- promote broader collaborative work between the tribal nations and communities and the state agencies
Guest Speaker - Dr. Dipesh Navsaria
Dipesh Navsaria, MPH, MSLIS, MD is a pediatrician, occasional children's librarian, public health professional and child health advocate. He is strongly engaged with early literacy programs in health care settings, particularly around ideas of early brain and child development, which include neurobiological effects of adversity and poverty upon the developing brain.
Who Should Attend
Early childhood administrators, teachers, program directors, and others who provide services to American Indian children, their families, their communities, and nations from the following programs:
- Child Care
- Head Start and Early Head Start
- Health Care
- Home Visiting and Family Support
- Parents and Parent Groups
- Social Services
- Public, Private, Charter, and BIE Schools
- Tribal Education Directors and Staff
- Tribal Council Leaders and Members
Training Site and Lodging Location
A block of rooms has been reserved at the rate of $71.20 at St. Croix Casino Turtle Lake Hotel until January 23, 2018.
Reservations are the responsibility of each individual attendee. Please reference “EC Tribal Workgroup” when making reservations to receive these special rates.
Fees and Registration
There are no fees associated with attending this training,
but pre-registration is REQUIRED.
Limited Lodging and mileage reimbursement is available through the Network for active Early Childhood Tribal Workgroup Teams to attend. For reimbursement rules and forms, contact:
- Pamela Torres, Culturally Responsive Early Childhood Project Coordinator
at (920) 664-2788 email@example.com.
- Or Julie Philipps, Culturally Responsive Early Childhood Project Program Assistant
at (920) 855-2114, ext. 249 or jphilipps@TheNetworkWI.com.