This early childhood tribal networking event will provide opportunities for facilitators, presenters, and participants to share information, resources, best practices, and model programs. Printable Flyer >>
As part of this workgroup, participants will:
- participate in future planning to promote awareness of early childhood care and education for children and families within our tribal nations and communities
- develop cross sector early childhood collaborations within each tribal nation and community
- promote broader collaborative work between the tribal nations and communities and the state agencies
Richard St. Germaine, Ph.D. (Tribal Member of Lac Courte Oreilles Tribe) who currently serves as the Commissioner of Education for the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, will speak on May 16, 2018.
Jodi Pfarr will speak on May 17, 2018. Jodi has worked internationally since 2001 conducting impactful seminars that leave people learning and laughing. Her engaging style – and trademark humor – allow her to effectively connect with diverse audiences. Read more about Jodi Pfarr >>
Who Should Attend
Early childhood administrators, teachers, program directors, and others who provide services to American Indian children, their families, their communities, and nations from the following programs:
- Child Care
- Head Start and Early Head Start
- Health Care
- Home Visiting and Family Support
- Parents and Parent Groups
- Social Services
- Public, Private, Charter, and BIE Schools
- Recipients of Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Council (GLITC) Early Childhood Grants
- Tribal Education Directors and Staff
- Tribal Council Leaders and Members
Training Site and Lodging Location
Lac Courte Oreilles Sevenwinds Casino, Lodge,
and Conference Center
13767 County Hwy K
Hayward, WI 54843
Phone: 1-800-526-2274 | Map Location
Reservations are the responsibility of each individual attendee. Please reference “EC Tribal Workgroup” when making reservations to receive these special rates.
Fees, Registration, and Schedule
There are no fees associated with attending this training,
but pre-registration is REQUIRED.
Schedule Overview (view the DRAFT agenda >>):
7:30 am - 8:30 am Registration and Continental Breakfast (Provided)
8:30 am - 12:00 pm | Morning Training Workshop
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm | Lunch (Provided)
1:00 pm - 3:30 pm | Afternoon Training Workshop
Limited Lodging and mileage reimbursement is available through the Network for active Early Childhood Tribal Workgroup Teams to attend. For reimbursement rules and forms, contact:
- Pamela Torres, Culturally Responsive Early Childhood Project Coordinator
at (920) 664-2788 email@example.com.
- Or Julie Philipps, Culturally Responsive Early Childhood Project Program Assistant
at (920) 855-2114, ext. 249 or jphilipps@TheNetworkWI.com.